Saturday, February 13, 2010

If Life was a Dream

A couple days ago, I was with one of my friends and we got to talking about some pretty philosophical stuff. At first I thought that he was realizing that we all live in our own kind of reality and that everyone only sees things in their own view; he wasn't. He was talking about how the world around him was created by a greater sense of his own consciousness and life would be like a dream, which would be strange. We talked about how he was really his consciousness in a dream or just a part of his personality and others around him were his other parts, or he wasn't anything like his personality and his personality was the rest of the world in different segments.

A couple days later, because I liked the conversation so much, I began to think of it again. The reason why I had been thinking about any of this in the first place was because a person a while back said that he felt I was a very philosophical person and that I try and find the reasons for things. It made me happy and I began to follow the idea but I think he mistook my morality for a sense of world understanding, but either way I will now try and prove him right. I want to one day say something that will be put into a book and have great meaning, but there are so much great quotes already out there that it's hard to trump them :(.

This want to be philosophical made me think about how the world could be created, specifically in a circular reasoning where the only reason that one factor is present is because the other factor is present and neither would be present if the other wasn't. Example, god willed himself to be created and so he did; But he couldn't create himself if he wasn't in existence? But because he willed it, he had to be created so he was able to bring himself to life. If you look at it backwards in time, god was created because of his will which supports the reason for his existence and therefore because he wanted it he got it and justified his own existence because he happened. I know it's hard to explain but what I am trying to say is he exists because he had to exist. That was the easiest example I could think of because god can bend reality, not because I believe him or am trying to prove his existence.

Ironically it ended up a couple days after that, I saw an anime that depicted an unusual way of how the world was created. It went along the lines of the world being created by information, and that one single individual had the ability to distort this information to what ever she wanted. It happens to be the friend of this average Joe who just wanted to try and be a friends with this out of this world crazy girl. Some experience three years ago in this girls life made her want to make contact with aliens, time travelers and espers. She ends up having a club that has all three of those individuals in her club, but she knows non the better. The point of this is that the world is almost like the software of a computer where anything can be changed. Here is a scene of the alien girl and her corrupt backup unit fighting to force change in the "god" girl. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9e3XoiR4fnA and http://youtube.com/watch?v=pj4OdTq_qnU&feature=related . This combines both my thought of my world creation and software as the world. I hope you put this under software because this could very much be true, and the reason I wrote this was because of the anime not my thought.

I began to think of the possibility that the world is made of thought and nothing tangible but an illusion of senses and shapes. I think that this is an easy way to interpret the beginning of existence. That is what all this build up produced, this one thought.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading your post, and as I was, I thought, "Hey, maybe our world really IS just somebody's dream... Maybe we're made up and just in some 'human' or 'demon' or 'alien's' own world."

    I guess we'll never know, but it's neet to wonder, right? :)

    ~~

    As for the anime- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Insert my anime nerd-ness here)- that was the show that started me thinking about the very same thing you just posted about just a few hours ago.

    The world is a great wonder, isn't it? :3

    ~Tomo-Monster

    ReplyDelete